Let’s face it, ever since the clocks have gone back things have been bloody miserable. The rain is never ending, it’s always dark and a decent blow dry doesn’t stand a chance in hell of still looking fabulous the second you step out of the salon. They are dark times indeed, so lets drown our sorrows in pretty things. And gin.
1. Apparently winter is now so unbearable that fashion designers have deemed it acceptable to venture out wearing a blanket. So go ahead, you have permission.
2. Log fires are comforting but if you try and build one on your desk you might raise a few eyebrows. Instead, burn this Diptyque candle to add a touch of cosiness and a little chic to your desk. And if you get real close it’s like a teeny tiny fireplace. But don’t catch fire, it won’t be pleasant.
3. I’m English, I love tea. Are you shocked? Probably not. But what might surprise you is that Ted Baker, beloved purveyor of very pretty dresses is very pretty prints have turned their hands to crockery. It’s bloody random but this tea set is SO pretty. Perfect for that 3pm Earl Grey.
4. Dressing for warmth needn’t mean you succumb to practicality. Bernstock Speirs rein supreme when it comes to quirky hats and whilst their fabulous veil beanie has spurned a hundred knock offs, the original is still my favourite. This style has little pearls flecked in the veil, which I love because pearls are ALWAYS a good idea.
5. In times of need Jeremy Scott can always be relied upon to elicit a smile or two. This ‘Dry Clean Only’ sweater will keep things toasty without compromising on wit. Perfect really. The real twist, it’s actually hand wash only, the cheeky bugger!